Ladyfights!

Hi hi,
not so much has been going on lately, but I've been doing a couple exciting things.
In Fashion Illustration, Sam Weber gave us an assignment to do 3 playing cards, well, more just something that showed a hierarchy of some sort, I guess. We've kind of completely abandoned the 'fashion' aspect, which is amusing.
So, after doing this one image over break, and also having just finished reading "Age of Innocence", I decided to do the aftermath of a turn of the century catfight. The hierarchy being least injured to most injured. Fun times all around.
Also, I decided to try and learn watercolor, so these were my first real attempts (I don't count the stuff I did in high school, it was really pretty awful) Sam said that he liked them, and they were pretty good watercolors, but I'm not so sure, as his bodylanguage was kind of saying otherwise. They're all a little pale, but I tried to get them to scan alright. All in all, I really do like the way the watercolor looks with my drawings, so I think I'm going to keep at it and try to keep learning. Also, I got so good at painting scrapes and bruises from this. It was a lot of fun.




also, I'm doing more cut paper for concepts, Its turning out really great, and I love working that way so terribly much. I've been having so much fun with it, and its giving me something challenging to do because working with silhouettes is such a different way of thinking. I'm doing fairy tales, and I'm just using it as an excuse to get some practice in with it, 'cause it takes so long so I haven't really been able to practice on my own during school. Also, a bunch of people are pushing for this to be my thesis next year, I think I might consider it, at least for part of the year or something. I just hope theres enough of a market for paper cuts out there that I could keep doing this for a while.
Anyways, this is the Thumbelina paper cut. Its something like 9x18" it actually didn't take terribly long, maybe like 10-15 hours, which isn't too bad.



thats all for now. I have at least 4 more paper cuts to do by the end of the semester, and some stuff that I'm working on this weekend that I'm so unenthusiastic about you have no idea. Also mundane things like cleaning my room and reading and laundry and stuff. how exciting!